Recent World Bank Report Concludes that Education Is Still a Good Investment As authors George Psacharopoulos and Harry Antony Patrinos write, “The concept of the rate of return on investment in education is very similar to that …
The Ultimate Consumer Good: Education Trends in China Boasting the world’s largest population, its longest-ever run of sustained growth, and its second-largest economy, China is also emerging as the world’s education powerhouse. Government reform has played an essential role, propelling the country’s leading universities into the global rankings and..
We need to change how maths is taught in schools Being good at maths does not necessarily make you good at managing money. You might be able to use Pythagoras’ theorem, but can you compare the merits of a fixed-rate mortgage with a floating one? And while you can handle quadratic inequalities, how confident would you feel working out credit card interest?..
China Education Notes:
- Align – institutions for success
- Concentrate – resources, policy on basics and learning and equity
- Teachers – select and support the best to enter classroom
- Early start – policy from pre-natal to pre-school
- Assess – diagnose and use evidence to improve